Thursday, October 12, 2006

Water-Weekend

This weekend I'll be going to the Lake-District in northwest England. It's a national park or sorts, with lots of lakes (hence the name) and wilderness. I'm leaving in a matter of just under an hour. It will be a fun 5 hour bus ride, so I'll have plenty of time to get some homework done. At the Lake District I'm going to do some kayaking and ghyll scrambling, which is basically jumping from rocks in a river and then climbing a waterfall. It should be fun but wet. To catch up a bit on the week, this Monday we had the opening of the Bistro here on campus. It's a coffee shop by day and a pub by night. At the opening party we had a best-dressed contest. During the Edinburgh weekend I had bought a kilt at Scotland, and so I wore it to the party. This got me nominated for best-dressed, and I ended up tying for first place. It was fun, and I got to wear a kilt. Then yesterday I got my first British Studies exam, and I got a B on it. I was ok with this, because the highest grade was an A-. There were 3 sections on the exam, and I got a B+ on the first and last sections, and a B- on the middle section, which had already expected. Well, I need to get ready to go, so I'll end this. There will be a full report when I get back.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

You enjoyed wearing that kilt a little too much, I'm afraid...

And no, I'm never going to let you live that down. :)