Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Well, class-scheduling and registration is upon us, so I did what any good student would do, and figured out what classes I needed to take. Turns out that I'm not able to take some of the classes that I want (namely Astronomy and Greek Philosophy, though I've done some study into both of those fields independently) because of scheduling conflicts. I like the schedule that I should come up with (I don't register until Friday, so nothing is set in stone yet), so I suppose that I have no complaints. The only problem that I have right now is that two classes that I have to take this semester are at the same time, so that has to get resolved sometime soon. Otherwise I like my schedule for next semester, mainly because I got to choose what I wanted to take, and even the classes that I have to take are interesting. So far my schedule looks like this: Linguistic Anthropology, which I'm really excited about, because I'm very interested in languages, hence the fact that I've had 3 so far, and have one more on the way; Archaeology Senior Seminar which I'm not sure how this class will go, just that I have to take it and supposedly they are opening up the subject matter because 3 different majors can take this as a senior seminar (the obvious archaeology, classical studies, and history, I believe), so that it's not so focused on just archaeology; Archaeology Field Methods, which is where we dug up trenches right here in our own UE backyard, studying the remains of dormitories built to house the massive influx of soldier-students after the GI Bill was passed after World War II; Engineering for Archaeology Majors, which I'm not too excited about, but it shouldn't be too bad; the 4th language that I'm adding to my repertoire is German, as I'm taking 2 semesters of it in preparation for Grad school; and lst but not least I am continuing to take Greek, and this class will be Greek Poetry. Now that might sound boring to some, but in this class we will read the works of Homer, The Iliad and The Odyssey, in their original language; sounds pretty good to me. Well, that is all for now. I will write more at another time if I can think of anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.