Thursday, September 07, 2006

Connected Again

So yesterday two of the greatest things ever happened. Ok, so I'm partially kidding on both accounts, but things did go pretty well yesterday. I got a phone! I had heard about people getting pre-pay phones that had very reasonable international rates. At first I thought that it was most likely too good to be true, so I didn't raise much hope. However my friend Lisa was going to get one, and so I thought that I would go with her to check it out. We looked at the phones and the advertised plans, and the phone was gonna be 20 pounds ( $40), with each minute to the US costing 5 pence (10 cents) a minute. Again, it seemed good, but I was still reserved about it. We went up to the counter to talk to the salesmen, and he was really nice. He said that he got Harlaxton kids in there all of the time, getting these phones, which I knew to be true from the things that I had heard at the manor. So we asked him about what deals we could get and such, and he told us that if we got 50 pounds worth of minutes then we would get the phone for free. So that was a phone and 1000 minutes to the US for the equivalent of $100. So it was a really good deal and I got the phone. Now I have a way to be connected to my family and friends even when I'm travelling, and when I'm at the manor I don't have to wait for the phone booths to open up. It's just more convenient. Also, when people call me, it doesn't take away from my overall minutes, just when I call out. I'm glad I checked this out. The other thing was that I finally watched the movie that got an Academy Award for best movie ever: Highlander. Ok, so the Frenchman in Talladega Nights was right, it was not that good. Being from the 80's, it had so terrible special effects. Plus, the acting was laughable in most places. It was just an all-around fun movie to watch, because it was so bad. I rather enjoyed it. Tomorrow we are going to Lincoln to see the cathedral there, as well as some Roman ruins. There are also historical places and museums that we can go to. It should be a fun time, and I'll try to get lots of pictures. Then, contrary to what I said before, we are coming back to Harlaxton rather than leaving for London straight from Lincoln, because it's cheaper to come back and leave from the neighboring town of Grantham. So we are still going to London, just a little later than originally planned. This weekend should be fun, but then I just have to come back to lots of work. I have a PowerPoint presentation that I'm supposed to make for class on Monday, in which I'm taking all of my group's research and putting it together for the PowerPoint, but I don't have everyone's research and so I'm gonna have to do it all Sunday night. Then, I have eight quizzes to do for Greek, because I turned so many chapters in at once. Those quizzes cover review and three chapters. Then, on Tuesday, after I turn my latest chapter in, I will have a test over all of those chapters that I've done thus far. So I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Add on to that the fact that I have two research papers that I could be starting research on, plus I'm supposed to have Henry IV, which is about 100 pages, read by Wednesday. Lots to do, and not enough time to do it. I might have to pull the Superman cop out and fly around the world at super-speed and go back in time so that I have more time to get everything done. If only everyone had superpowers...........

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Can I have superpowers? They would be very convenient at this point in my life. And, as an added bonus, I could fly to England anytime I want... not to visit you, though. Why would I want to do that? ;) Okay, I lied. Dang it, you never believe my fibs.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You are going to be VERY BUSY, and you tell ME not to procrastinate!!!!!! LOL You can do it I believe in you!! Just don't stress out to much! Try to enjoy your trip and remember to take pictures with YOU in them!!!! PLEASE! Be careful, have fun!! Love you, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hey dude i dont know about prepaid cards but since i got high speed internet i can call you over the internet to your phone for something like 2 cents a min. it workds pretty well too because i tired it with my family over there in england...so just go ahead and give me a number to reach you by and when i can get ahold of you and i will try and give ya a call. If thats cool.

-Matthew A. Stewart

Anonymous said...

Hey tyler! Like i was saying, i have family in England as well and i can talk to them for roughly 2 cents a min. because i got that fast internet. It calls from my computer to any phone in the world for that rate. So its not like i have to call another computer like msn does. So if you got a number that i can get ahold of ya perhaps i could give ya a ring. I already have the minutes because i talk to my family over there. Anyways.....i thought the Euro to US dollar rate was 1.2786 dollars for 1 euro...but i could be mistaken. lol i also thought England ran totally off of the euro or am i mistaken.. because you make it sound like 2 dollars = 1 pound. Just curious....

later dude,

God Bless!!
-Matthew