Saturday, September 02, 2006

Catch-Up; Sort-Of

Well, I haven't posted anything for a while now, and there's a good reason behind that, being that nothing has really been going on. I mean, this week has basically been dedicated to doing homework. I dug myself a hole putting off my Greek homework that I gave myself over the summer, and so I've had to put myself back on track. Which I am very close to doing, by the way. I've been telling people that I feel like all that I've done this week is done homework and ate in between. I figure thing will get better from here, since we will be doing some travelling in the coming weekends and my homework load should go down from here, at least somewhat. I did have some fun with the group that stayed back this weekend, with everyone else having gone on the school-sponsored London trip. On Friday we woke up to have lunch, and then after lunch we went into town to get some stuff. We finally made it to ASDA, which is the British version of Wal-Mart, and I do mean Wal-Mart; they have the "always low prices" slogan and the little yellow happy face mascot. Wal-Mart is everywhere, an international presence. They sell basically the same things, only they are British brands, and the merchandise is a little different, for the British folk. They even had two floors connected with an escalator, which didn't turn into stairs as it went up but was just a moving ramp. That was a weird experience, expecting the steps to come up but it never happening. Anyway we came back from there and went up to a small clearing at the top of some hills on the manor grounds where we played frisbee. It was fun because none of us could throw or catch so we made fun of each other the whole time. Not much else really went on, so it's been mostly Greek and little human interaction. Tonight some friends watched a movie altogether, but that was after I had done more homework. Tomorrow is gong to be somewhat action-packed as well, but tapering off a bit. I must say, it is nice basically having the grounds to ourselves with most everyone gone on the trip, but it does get creepy. When it's just a few of us, you start thinking that you hear and see things that aren't really there, and get yourself psyched out. So it'll be nice to have more people back to cover up the eerie silence. Well, that is about all I have for all of you, and maybe things will get more exciting in the days to come.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Wal-Mart really is an evil empire. They are going to take over the world.

Anonymous said...

That would be freaky not having that many people there in the Manor!! I am glad you are getting caught up on your Greek! Remember to post pictures of YOU!! Thank you!! Talk to you later! Love you, Angela

Olivia said...

I agree with Angela: Where are the pictures of *you*??? ! This is what happens when I'm not around to take your picture all the time... your lovely face doesn't get photographically documented on a daily basis. :)