Wednesday, August 23, 2006

International Travel: The Preface

So here I am. This will be the first time that I've packed for a flight, gone through airport security, and did I mention this will be the first time I've been on a plane!? It's all so nerve-racking, and I'm only about 2/3 done. I still have a little bit of packing to do concerning where I'm gonna put all the extra crap that doesn't constitute clothing, which is what has taken up my two allowed pieces of cargo luggage. So I've never been in a plane before. But you might say, well haven't you flown just by yourself by being able to manipulate gravity? Well the answer to that is no; contrary to popular belief, I cannot actually fly. Which is a shame because then I would just grab my luggage, go up up and away, and then land in England in a matter of seconds. Plus I would be able to skip all that annoying and much-talked-about airport security that I've never faced before, because let's be honest, I could never be a terrorist because I don't know anything about explosives, so why do I need to go through security. Yeah I know, for the safety of everyone on board, blah, blah, blah, who really cares? Ok, so I care, and am just making a joke; I very much value a feeling of safety when I'll be flying over an entire ocean. Anyhow, this self-propelled flying scenario is unfortunately only fanciful fiction.
Not to mention all of the stuff that I have to get done before I go. I have last minute items to get. I have paper-work to complete for work. I have a chapter and a half of Greek homework that I am supposed to have done for before classes officially start. All that and probably stuff that I haven't even thought of. I'll tell you what I have thought of. Leaving my family and friends. I've told people that it really hasn't hit me yet that I'm leaving. It seems like this is all made-up, and that sometime in the near future I'll go back to campus in Evansville and have a normal semester. I won't go across an ocean and stay in a manor and travel around Europe. This seems like a dream; a dream that will soon become a reality in less than 24 hours. I'm anxious, scared, nervous, excited, sad, happy; basically every emotion and it's opposite rolled into one. However I know that this is going to be the experience of a lifetime, and so I'm eagerly awaiting my first step in this unique adventure. So to all of you reading this, get ready; it hasn't even begun. More to come on the actual process itself.

2 comments:

The Muser said...

What! Tyler, you can't really fly?! Wait, I know what you are doing. You're just trying to dispell rumors and you really can fly. That must be it. :) Anyway, have an amazing semester. It will be great. I can't wait to hear the next update.

Olivia said...

You mean to tell me you can't fly?

I think you lied to me, Tyler. We are in a relationship under false pretenses.